Friday, May 16, 2008

Death by Drowning

So, early this morning (4:15 am to be exact) I am awakened by what sounds like the cat hitting around an empty plastic bottle in the kitchen. I get up to investigate and find the cat sawing logs in the computer room chair ~ hmmmmmm. I go to the kitchen and hear a funny scratching noise over by the sink and realize that it is a mouse in the cabinets. I bang a couple cabinet doors to hopefully scare him out so I can back to sleep in peace. Then, as I look into the sink I see this:


Do you see what I see? Well, I thought he was faking me out and just waiting for me to leave him alone but then I realized he had drown. So, I snapped these pics to show Bradley and then threw him out the back door. So, I guess if we can't catch the mice with traps then we will just drown them (LOL)!!! Seriously, we have a couple of more mice around here and they are so small they are not setting off our mouse traps so I think I am going to get some of those sticky traps over the weekend and try & get them all caught once and for all!!! All winter long we did not have a mouse problem but for some reason this spring we have been taken over by them not sure what the deal is but I just want them GONE!!!!


Is it EVER going to warm up? I am sooo ready for warm weather EVERYDAY!!!! Next week Lance has Field Day and a Field Trip so I am hoping (praying) for good weather on Monday & Wednesday so he can have a few good days for his school activities.


Speaking of school....the countdown is ON!!! Only 6 1/2 more days including today. And of those days one is Field Day, one is a Field Trip and the last day is a 1/2 day. We will then have 1 week off and summer school starts at the beginning of June for 1 month!!! Homework has already slowed WAY down (which is a good thing for me) and today is his last spelling test (thank goodness). And lots of things/supplies were sent home yesterday already. Gosh, this school year went by so fast!!! Where does the time go?

No comments: