Monday, December 17, 2007

Lots has been happening since my last post.......

Gosh, where do I start? Well, while Rylee was gone I got LOTS done around the house and most of the Christmas shopping done (some of it even wrapped). I got the main tree up plus 3 more (each of the kids have one and one on the kitchen). I got lots of other misc Christmas decorations up as well!!! A VERY productive week.

While I was busy decorating the house and preparing for Christmas my mom was busy potty training Rylee!!! WOO!!! HOO!!! No more diapers in the Watson household!!!! How exciting is that? She did excellent while with mom and since she has been home. She has been home for 1 week today and has only had 2 accidents. I'm not even putting a diaper on her at night or nap time and she is doing perfect!!!! And I have an almost brand new package of diapers (go figure!!!).

I still have a few other small things around the house to get done before Christmas but I am feeling more prepared than I usually do thanks to my mom helping me out by taking Rylee for a few days. Well, it was supposed to a few days but due to bad weather it turned into nearly a week!!! I was missing her so much and glad to have her back home.

Other exciting news, my mom & step-dad are looking at a house right in here in Monroe City!!!! I am so excited about the possibility of them living so close and being able to see them more often. The house is beautiful and brand new. Only lived in for a couple of months by the builder and it is currently empty. Mom & I looked at it when she returned Rylee. She took lots of pics home to Pete and he wants to look at it when he is in town in a couple of weeks. Of course, they would still need to sell their own house so we shall wait and see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

The past 2 Saturdays we have gotten together with another couple that has kids the same age as ours. And we ate and played cards while the kids had a good time together as well. We used to get together with this couple over the summer and BBQ/build a fire so I am glad that we are still getting together during the winter too!!! Although, it is a little crazy with 5 kids 6 years old and under running around scraming. But fun none the less!!!!

Oh, other big news......the basement people FINALLY came back and fixed what should have originally been fixed with the basement. They were here 2 days and installed 3 more piers on the southeast corner of the house. I certainly home this is the end of that nightmare.

Well, that is all for now. Lance just got off the bus so....LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!

No comments: