Friday, February 1, 2008

My poor neglected BLOG

Well, it has been a few weeks since I last posted and LOTS has beening happening. The biggest news being that we got robbed. It was the evening of Jan 17/morning of Jan 18. I woke up and discovered my purse missing and our back door unlocked. Bradley wasn't home ~ just me & the kids. They took my purse from the living where Lance was sleeping and I had a lamp on in that room too (brave people I tell ya). We found my purse out in the garage with all the contents dumped out on the hood of the car and the ground. They took my cell phone, a credit card and a few dollars ($3 or $4) that I just happen to have (they hit me on a good day LOL). A trip to Home Depot and $400 later I am feeling a little bit more secure. No one has been caught yet but there have been lots of similiar break-ins in surrounding towns so hopefully the police will get a break in the case real soon.

On to other news. We had a pretty big snow storm last night/this morning but based on the news reports it sounds like we just missed the MAJOR part of the storm. I think we got about 4-5" of snow. Not enough to call off school. I am sure there are lots of disappointed little kids out there today (LOL). Bradley had to take a load of de-icer to Kansas City this morning and he called and said just outside of our area the roads are fine in that direction. But south of here (closer to St. Louis is supposed to be a BIG mess) and Bradley may have to take a load of de-icer to the St. Louis airport later today.

Thank goodness we didn't get hit too hard as I have a purse party tonight in Quincy. I have taken it easy on the parties lately and haven't had any for a few months now. But I think that I am ready to get back into the swing of things!!! Hopefully, we will have a good turn out and I will be able to get a couple of bookings too.

I have been busy scrapbooking and creating layouts/etc for my design team obligations at www.savvynsassy.com I am waiting for my Feb shipment of ribbon and can't wait to get started on my creations. Also, this month I will be hosting a challenge on their site ~ I will be posting it sometime over the weekend. I will be giving away a RAK to those participating as well. So, be sure and check it out. I will post the details here too!!!

Well, off to sort my fabric swatches for my party tonight and make sure that I have everything that I need for tonight. Like I said it has been a few months who knows what might be missing and where it might be (LOL).

No comments: